Playbooks provide a step-by-step approach to orchestration, helping security teams establish standardized incident response processes and ensuring the steps are followed in compliance with regulatory frameworks. They will also improve your response time on any security alerts.
In Sekoia.io, playbooks play a huge role in automating repetitive tasks to relieve analysts’ daily work, enriching alerts by soliciting external sources, fetching indicators from outside and interconnecting with external systems like ticketing tools for example.
Because they are highly configurable, Sekoia.io’s playbooks supervise and execute response actions to be in line with your business and operational objectives.
In this documentation, you will learn how to:
- Configure your profile to efficiently use playbooks
- Set up your playbooks using templates
- Create a playbook from scratch
- Learn more about the different types of triggers, operators and actions
- Troubleshoot with playbook runs
To have access to playbooks, you will need to have the role
Here is the list of permissions that constitutes this role:
|SYMPHONY_READ_MODULES||List and get Symphony Modules|
|SYMPHONY_READ_PLAYBOOKS||List and get Symphony Playbooks|
|SYMPHONY_READ_PLAYBOOK_RUNS||List and get Symphony Playbook Runs|
|SYMPHONY_READ_PLAYBOOK_RUNS_STATS||List and get statistics about Symphony Playbook Runs|
|SYMPHONY_WRITE_PLAYBOOKS||Write Symphony Playbooks|
|SYMPHONY_WRITE_PLAYBOOK_RUNS||Modify Symphony Playbook Runs|
If you need to attribute this role to someone, go to Your Account settings > Managed Communities > The user in question >
+ Role > Select
To learn more about how to attribute roles within your community, please refer to this section.
Depending on which app you’ll be creating playbooks for, you might need to have additional permissions linked to each app (Intelligence Center or Operations Center).
To create playbooks for your XDR, you will need to have the role
OC_admin in addition to
Generate API Key
To be able to use playbooks, an API Key with the right settings is needed for the Module Configuration to work.
To generate this API Key:
- Go to Account Settings > Managed Communities > API Keys >
+ API Key
- Provide a name and a description (both are mandatory)
- Select necessary roles for your API Key, depending on if you are looking to automate operations or intelligence tasks
- Save and copy the value of the API Key in your vault (or any safe place)
- Paste your API Key in the Module Configuration of your playbook actions
Beware, the generated API Key will no longer be accessible after you’ve closed the modal.
To learn more about how to generate and revoke API keys, please refer to this section.